Monday, March 10, 2008

WoW Things

First post here to write about my 13lvls of experience with WoW so far.

I have to agree that it is the best MMORPG available. Races and classes are unique, allowing a wide variety of choice. Throw in Talents and you have an endless list of character with differing playing styles. This is where character planning comes in. You have to decide the playing style you want and pump in the correct talents, or else you will be wasting your talents point. Classes are designed generally to counter each other, so you don't have to think about choosing a owning class (with the exception of warlock, which I learnt, performs pretty well against all other classes).
Travelling can be a chore at low level, when you don't have the luxury of riding a 5000g mount, but you can save time by taking up multiple quests and plan your route so that you can accomplish several quests in the same area and along the same path. Another plus point would be the absence of annoying players in WoW, e.g Viets in SRO. I haven't seen any myself yet.

Rogue
Ah my first character. Pretty interesting kind, with a bag full of stuns. Combat skills work in a combo - finishing move way. Think assassin in Diablo II. I haven't really familiarize myself with this class yet, but I'll share whatever points that I've learnt while using rouge.

Energy level - Rogues have energy level instead of mana. I believe the starting level of energy will be 100, regardless of the race. Energy level doesn't increase when you lvl up; the only way, I believe, is via talent. Energy regen is fast and it also replenishes during combat. One important thing for rouge is to energy planning. Most rogues skills requires 40-60 energy, therefore its essential for rogues to control their energy level by considering skill's energy consumption so that they won't be without energy during crucial moments. Blood elves have pretty good synergy with Rogue due to their racial ability Energy Tap and Arcane Torrent, which instantly restores some energy.

Sword/Mace or Dagger - Rogues have the ability to dual wield and weapon spec talent. The problem is which weapon do you want in your main hand. Skills' damage like Sinister Strike depends on the main hand weapon, so having a sword/mace in your main hand will yield a higher amount of damage. However some assassination skills (Backstab) requires a dagger in your main hand. So the choice depends on your playing style.

That's all for now. Will have another post whenever possible.

p.s. Thanks to Tankasan AKA SDK for the 100g. Looking forward to future contributions :)

Kouhei

No comments: