Thursday, July 9, 2009

Priorites and Commitments

To all raiders,

Yes it's me again. 2 successive posts. Previous post was a commendation, this post is what most people call a QQ. I prefer to call it a wakeup call. It's with regards to what has been happening with our raid for the past one month. I believe anyone with half a brain can make the following observations:

- We struggle to get 2 raiding days
- Getting 10 man full force is a chore
- Inconsistent raid timings.
- As a result, progression is at a snail's pace

Let us recall what our initial aim of having a ten man raid. For what reasons did we get Ted to come back on his druid? For what reasons did we try and persuade Justus and ZY to start WoW, in which they did. For me, I know the reason. I want to raid with 9 of my real life friends. 9 friends that I can talk to and joke around with on vent. But above all, I want to progress with 9 friends. Words can't describe the sense of achievement I get when we got our first full raid. I thought to myself, "Finally, we got 10 friends, not just 10 raid members". But now, seeing where it has come to, I cannot help but feel sad, a bit of disappointment and perhaps fustration. Is it my wishful thinking that we push for endgame content, i.e. Algalon? I sure hope that's not the case.

Anyway, to avoid turning this to a QQ post, i would like to address some issues that I've brought up as per above.

1. Raid timing

I mentioned it 2 post back that raid timings will now be fixed. Even sheldon noticed. I shall say again. Saturday 8.30pm, Sunday 9.00am. Repeat after me:

Raiding Times shall be fixed at Saturday 8.30p.m. and Sunday 9.00a.am

Period. No more changing of raid times. Now that raid timings are fixed, I hope that you guys can plan your time table around it. I know not all people holding raiding at the importance level, but I do know others are shifting their own stuff in order to raid, i.e. JR. He has work, he gotta accompany Siyun, but he still make time for raid. I do not wish to disappoint him and the rest of the guys that put in that extra effort. I'm not asking the whole day from you, nor do I think you would give me your whole day, but I doubt its really that hard to have 3hrs of your time for your friends. The way I see it, raiding with the guys are like going out to the movies. Its an appointment that I have with my friends. If I'm in a raiding guild, screw them. But with friends, they take priority over most things (except hot dates with babes).

So unless you really have sometime important/serious that you can't raid, e.g. you're having a period and the stomach cramps are preventing you from raiding, I *really* hope that from now on, people can place more priorities on this. Even one day is fine, just try and make it.


2. Hardmodes need Attendance

Not really addressing an issue here(I realised I addressed all the issues with the above one point lol), just a heads up for you guys. From now on, we will be attempting hardmodes now. No more 5 min Hodir. No more turning breezing through the Keepers and treating XT-002 like a baby that he is. Therefore, its essential to have a healthy raid attendance. Not having 10 man for hardmodes is like admitting defeat without a single attempt.

We only have 10 man available for raid. If one can't make it, that's it. No substitutions. No "you guys go head with the hardmode" coz obviously it will be near impossible. We need all you guys. Everyone is needed in order to have a decent attempt. If you have no time to prepare for the fight, it's fine. We can learn as we go along, just make sure you're here.

All in all, I've said what I felt should have been said. All I can do is to post all these Wall of Texts. I can't be a raid police, going around ensuring that people turn up for raid. It's up to the individuals to put in that extra effort. I admit, it's not going to be easy, but it is the challenge and obstacles that makes the achievement all the more rewarding. In conclusion, I am certainly looking forward to a better raid and more end-game contents with you guys. And I know it's achievable with you guys. Peace out.


3. Check the Blog

Yes guys. Check the blog more often. All the important announcements will be via posts. So do spend a few minutes to check what updates are there. And also, please feel free to post anything you like; make it more interactive for us. If you're really can't make it for raid, let us know early via this blog. I'll definitely will be checking this daily so no worries that I won't get your post.


Side note: To PJ, yea sure I certainly do not mind having your friend joining us. The more the merrier.

*Disclaimer: This post is in no way directed at any individual. Please read this post in a objective and level-headed manner.

Rick

No comments: